Sunday 19 June 2011

Trust me, I'm an Agony Uncle

Apparently, I'm not the only Agony Uncle out there. It seems that I am merely the latest in  long line of Uncles who have given of their hearts and their time to help heal the world. In a way I, and the other AUs, are a lot like Michael Jackson in that "We are the World" except a whole lot less weird -   except for the bald guy in the red t-shirt down below.
in need of a shave

He's channelling a whole world of strange. I'd certainly be asking him to take a whole-head shave and perhaps put on a collar (like the guy in the tux with his eyes closed) before I asked him for any advice.

Speaking of the guy in the tux...in this the time of digital photography you'd think he could afford to take another shot with his eyes open wouldn't you? It's bad enough he's in a tux - he looks more waiter than Freudian therapist. He's either too cheap or too impatient to bother with taking another photo, or he has bloodshot, spooky, or no eyes. Whatever the reason - would you trust a waiter with devil eyes with your heart aches?

http://www.newstalk.ie/2012/programmes/all-programmes/tom-dunne/uncle-agony-george-byrne/
creepy cheapskate gummy-eyed tux guy

As for Horace, well he has chosen to go with a shot of a man who has superglued his chin to his chest after as a result of an office prank gone wrong. Unable to take the pain the man attempts to push his head back up only to realise that his ears have also been covered with glue by his trickster office mates.
weird superglue accident victim


He doesn't need Horace he needs a hacksaw, or perhaps the help of the white pointer, but definitely not the help of the uncle who chose that image for his shingle Do I have to say anymore on that point? I think not.
Trust me I'm a shark!
hairy, scary amateur
Which just leaves Aidan the hairy scary and self-acknowledged "I'm no expert" amateur. So, although I may not be the only Agony Uncle n town, It seems that I am not the only one who is totally mental. TRUST ME.

2 comments:

  1. Inane in the membrane21 May 2012 at 23:39

    Dear Uncle Bill,

    My boyfriend likes to eat chips - should I a)leave him, b) leave him some chips out for when he comes home, or c) leave him out?

    Signed,

    Inane in the membrane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, interesting. On of the tougher Agony Uncle questions I've yet encountered. Any thoughts Sitters?

      Delete